Honeywell TE923W Deluxe Weather Station with Rain Gauge, Barometer, Thermometer, Wind Data
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Monitors indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity
- Backlit display for easy readings in low light
- Measures wind speed and direction, rainfall amounts and barometric pressure
- Programmable ice-warning alarm; automatically sets to US Atomic Clock;
- Measures 5 by 18 by 17.5 inches; weighs 6.3 pounds
The Honeywell TE923W Complete Weather Station with Atomic Clock and Remote Control monitors just about any weather condition created by Mother Nature, including the UV index. This exceptional unit can measures wind speed and direction; rainfall amount; indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity; and includes a wireless UV (Ultraviolet) sensor that measures potentially harmful UV levels. It also has 12 to 24-hour weather forecasting and a 24-hour barometric pressure history chart. The station has eight-channel capability and will accept up to four additional sensors with a wireless transmission range of approximately 300 feet. The atomic clock features a crescendo alarm with snooze alarm and never needs resetting. The time updates automatically each day within the continental U.S. via a radio signal transmitted from Fort Collins, Colorado, adjusting the clock to within one second of official government time. It even automatically adjusts for Daylight Savings Time. An AC adapter for automatic remote control included. The weather station and accessories require 14 AA batteries (not included).
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
- wireless link provides ultimate convenience for installing the measurement devices
- robust set of measurements are provided
- Anemometer was installed 35' from a window where that base station is and repeatedly lost wireless synch; it's now 15' away and is working better
- wanted to post readings to a website automatically but the usb connection causes the wind readings to stop; have asked support to help several weeks back but received NO response
- This is NOT a Honeywell unit; it is a Japanese company who has licensed the Honeywell name -- so don't expect Honeywell quality and accuracy
A very very good buy.
The manaul has been converted to English from some other language and was done very poorly. Quite often it is difficult to determine what the manual is instructing you to do.
The temperature sensors seem to be fairly accurate (compaired to other digital thermometers I have). The humidity sensors seems to be reading 10%-15% lower than what gets reported by local radio and TV stations just a few miles away. The local barometric pressure reading is always 1-2 inHg low. At high noon on a cloudless day in late July the UV sensore is reading "medium". Not sure how the actual UV exposure could get any higher but the sensor only indicates "medium" all day.
I've downloaded several software programs for use with weather stations and haven't been able to get any of them to work with the Honeywell TE923W. This does not seem to be a well supported unit.
When registering this product on-line or asking for techical support you complete an on-line form and it is then sent to the company as an email attachemnt. My Internet Service Provider (MSN) detects a virus with the email attachemnt and won't allow it to be sent.
I can not recommend this unit.
I hope this will help you out in your choice.