Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, F5914900
- Powerful 12-amp motor; deep cleans with hot tap water and carpet solution
- Five spinning/scrubbing brushes clean carpets, upholstery, bare floors
- Clean Surge feature gives extra burst of cleaning solution for spots or stains
- Two water tanks separate clean from dirty water
- Brush rotation indicator; 8-foot hose
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Color Name: Gray
This powerful home steam vacuum saves you the expense and hassle of having to rent a steam cleaner and keeps rugs, upholstery, and bare floors (other than hardwoods) looking like new. The powerful 12-amp motor combined with five spinning brushes that operate at either high or low speed lift the usual dirt and grime out of carpets. By pulling on the trigger in the comfortable upright handle, this deep cleaner releases the included carpet/upholstery cleaner and hot tap water. For more stubborn stains or for high-traffic areas, this SteamVac also has a Clean Surge feature, which sends an extra blast of cleaning solution into the stain by simply pressing a button on the handle. When cleaning is complete, release the trigger and the SteamVac forces hot air into the cleaning path so you can do a few dry strokes over the stain. This deep cleaner has two separate water tanks to keep clean water apart from dirty water. The top tank holds the detergent and 1 gallon of hot water and automatically mixes the two so you don’t need to get your hands wet. The lower tank holds the dirty solution picked up from the carpet and unlatches to easily pour out into a sink without spilling. For cleaning stairs or upholstery, this deep cleaner has a long 8-foot hose and a special stair/upholstery nozzle that scrubs out spots. Other features of this deep cleaner include a brush indicator, which informs you that the brushes are spinning; an on/off foot pedal; a handle release pedal; and a 27-inch wraparound cord. The Hoover SteamVac is covered by a full one-year warranty.
From the Manufacturer
SteamVac Carpet Cleaner
Never rent a heavy machine again! Hoover SpinScrub rotating brushes groom carpet fibers from all sides to lift away dirt and grime, so you can deep clean carpets and upholstery any time you need to. Pull the trigger on stubborn stains by applying extra detergent with Clean Surge.
Includes 16 ounce Bottle of Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet and Upholstery Detergent.
- SpinScrub - multi-directional brushes surround carpet fibers, to remove dirt at every angle.
- 3-Speed Brushroll Control - High for normal cleaning, low for gentle cleaning, off for spill pick-up.
- Tool Mode - stops scrubbing brushes to protect hard flooring.
- Removable Brushes - pop out for easy rinsing.
- Clean Surge Control - fingertip control applies extra detergent to stains and heavy traffic areas.
- Heated Drying - applies heat to floor to speed drying time.
- 8 feet Stretch Hose - provides instant extended reach.
- Dual Tanks - easy-to-fill tanks keep cleaning solution and dirty water separate.
- No Belts - never change or replace or break a belt.
- Powerful 12-amp Motor - has all the power needed to get floors truly clean.
- Carpet/Upholstery Detergent - Includes one 16 ounce bottle of powerful cleaning detergent.
- Limited one-year warranty
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I have to agree with the consumers reports I've read, that this carpet cleaner lives up to the reports as far as performance and leaving the carpets dry. They dried withing a couple of hours following the companies instructions. Make a couple of extra passes (about 4 to be specific) and a couple of hours later, the carpets were dry.
It is this specific model that was recommended and it is one of the least expensive. I am a true believer of value for money, and this model has proven to be that for sure.
I've cleaned the basement carpets and area rugs along with the wall to wall carpets, all with excellent results.
The two-tank system is very well designed in this unit. The top tank contains the soap solution and is very easy to fill with detergent and hot water. The bottom tank fills with the dirty water while cleaning and is very easy to remove and empty when full. The tanks are a good size, so with our three-bedroom townhouse, we only have to fill the tanks about three times to do the entire unit.
This unit makes the carpets look very nice and clean, and it leaves the carpets only slightly damp. They dry very quickly, and we've been able to use the carpets again only a short time after cleaning them. Overall, I have been very happy with this unit.
Sometimes it takes 2-3 passes over soiled areas to get everything completely clean, but in general once is enough. There are two buttons which allows you to control how much cleaning fluid is released as you go. After you have applied the wet cleaning pass, I recommend going over the entire area again for a drying pass - the SteamVac sucks up more of the excess water and this greatly helps to dry the area.
In summary - this is not the perfect SteamVac, nor do I expect it to last more than a few years with regular use. But I have used it 3 times now, and overall it does a very good job cleaning the carpet. So it is good value for the price, and I would recommend it for normal household use.
* For cleaning solution, I like this product: "Hoover 2X PetPlus Pet Stain & Odor Remover 32 oz, AH30325"
- Both the handheld and power brushes do a good job of cleaning the carpet fibers.
- Machine is pretty easy to use when it's operating.
- Water suction seems to be good, it doesn't leave a ton of water residue behind.
- Overspray works well for distributing extra cleaner to bad carpet spots.
- This is NOT "steam cleaning" as implied by the name. As far as I know, it does not produce any steam or heat the water in any way, so that is misleading. I used very hot water in the cleaning tank and that worked well.
- Plastic parts throughout, the handle is already feeling flimsy and loose when standing upright, I would operate this unit very carefully when carrying/cleaning otherwise it may break down.
- Dirty water tank reservoir is not that well designed, the lid is very difficult to get back on at times, if you don't get a good seal you will lose suction. I found it pretty much impossible to empty this without some minor spillage.
- Main tank reservoir is smaller and needs to be refilled frequently.
Overall I don't regret the purchase, but I bought this when it was on sale and significantly discounted. However I'm thinking if you want a very long term unit, consider spending a little more for a higher end machine. If I get 2 years out of this unit I'd be satisfied. Probably best for users with light cleaning or smaller carpeted areas.
Most recent customer reviews
So far it is has been great! I have used to clean my four bedrooms and the living room and the result was marvelous. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Hamdi Mohamed
This machine works very well> I have had other cleaners and this one is the most powerful. Very happy with it. It is a bit heavier than I anticipated.Published 5 days ago by Deborah Martin
Brushes seem a little too soft. But otherwise great productPublished 19 days ago by Amazon Customer
Well worth the price I paid. Cleans as good as a professional cleaning company.Published 23 days ago by Amazon Customer
Its a really good machine. Does its job really well. It would have been good if we could take out waste water bowl in straight position instead of opening it first. Read morePublished 24 days ago by rajneesh
Delivered on time and as described. This carpet cleaner cleans carpets and furniture as good as rental units. Read morePublished 25 days ago by Gerald F
Great cleaner it cleaned my 6 year old carpet and brought it back to almost new again. Very pleased now off to clean the couches!!!Published 25 days ago by Amazon Customer
This machine is actually comparable to the ones you can rent at the local grocery chain, home improvement and big box store. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Duy Nguyen