How Do Astronauts Scratch And Itch Hardcover – Dec 12 2012
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From Publishers Weekly
This ninth volume in Feldman's Imponderables series (When Do Fish Sleep, etc.) is as entertaining and informative as its predecessors, although this time some of the entries don't quite fit the requirement that the questions be unanswerable by numbers, measurements or a trip to the reference library. The query that provides the title assumes that astronauts spend all their time in space suits, which is not the case. Other inquiries ponder why beverage glasses sweat and why lizards don't get sunburned. The most interesting section is devoted to Frustables (frustrating imponderables) on such matters as why people bite their fingernails and why kids prefer meat well done but like it rarer as they grow older?topics to which there are no pat answers. The sprightly writing is supplemented by delightful illustrations by Kassie Schwann.
Copyright 1996 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Top Customer Reviews
by David Feldman, Kassie Schwan (Illustrator) , then one is in for a real treat. In here Mr. Feldman explains silly things such as how do astronauts scratch an itch. Highly Recommended.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Antiques & Collectibles
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Humour
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching
- Books > Education & Reference > Trivia & Fun Facts > Imponderables
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Humour
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Pop Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Popular Culture