From the Back Cover
Experience the thrill of using Apple’s newest and most exciting version of Mac OS X with help from this practical guide. You’ll easily master the many new features and functions—including Spotlight, which lets you find anything; Dashboard, which keeps useful information at your fingertips; and Automator, which allows you to perform repetitive actions with a single click. Manage your music and synch it to your iPod, organize your contacts, share your calendar, and much more. Discover simple methods for networking your Mac and get tips for keeping your system virus-free. How to Do Everything with Mac OS X Tiger will help you take full advantage of this feature-rich operating system so you can save time, work efficiently, and have more fun!
- Customize your desktop and expertly manage files, folders, and icons
- Send, receive, and store faxes as easily as you print documents
- Manage and share your personal calendar using iCal
- Set parental controls and switch between multiple accounts using the fast user switching feature
- Preview, scroll through, and search huge PDF files faster than ever
- Manage your digital music using iTunes and an iPod
- Share files on a network at home, work, or school
- Surf the Internet easily with Apple's Safari web browser
- Add hardware to your Mac—including mice, keyboards, external disks, and more
- Protect sensitive data using built-in security tools such as FileVault
Kirk McElhearn is a recognized Mac OS X expert and author of more than a dozen books on Mac-related technology, digital music, and more. He is a regular contributor to Macworld, TidBITS, iPodlounge, and Technology and Society Book Reviews.
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide