How to Feed a Teenage Boy: Recipes and Strategies Paperback – Jan 1 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
GEORGIA ORCUTT is a food editor and writer and the mother of two very tall and very hungry teenage boys. She edited The Old Farmers’ Almanac, wrote Cooking USA, and has been food editor of Yankee magazine.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Also good are the scaled up, easy recipes for when you end up feeding not only your own teenage boy, but a bunch of their friends, too! (Teammates, band members, etc.) I have recommended this book to my friends whose kids are entering the adolescent years - it's great for the teens to read, too!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It covers everything from what to stock your cupboards with, ideas for saving time, food you can prepare in advance so that hungry teens have good stuff to eat after school, and creative ways to encourage them to eat healthy, fresh food. Good ideas for how to involve boys in making food, whether it's tasty snacks and "minimeals", or the family meal,and how to help them develop useful skills for looking after themselves.
The recipes give ideas for everything from breakfast, lunches, and drinks to snacks and meals, with a refreshingly broad range of options and ingredients. Great ways to try some new cereals and grains, and ideas to give a different flavour to some familiar (and possibly boring) family meals. I can recommend the Any Day Muffins, and I love the idea of getting them 90% ready the night before and cooking them quickly in the morning! What a start to a school day...
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Healthy
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Special Conditions > Pregnancy
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition > Healthy Cooking
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers > Child Development
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Child Care
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > School-Age Children
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Teenagers