How to Stop Time Paperback – Oct 3 2002
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
A brilliant and impressive book, all the more so because of its remarkable calm and restraint after such a terrifying experience―Penelope Fitzgerald
The little black dress of dope books...Marlowe is the most gifted druggie to pop out of Harvard since Timothy Leary.―Jerry Stahl
Her insight is a positive addition to the literature about the drug, and a telling and sophisticated examination of modern society―THE LIST
A calm look at middle-class heroin addiction and an honest analysis of how an obsessed society mythologises it ... compelling―IRISH TIMES
About the Author
Ann Marlowe is a journalist who has written for THE NEW YORK TIMES BOOK REVIEW. She has a BA & a PHD in Philosophy from Harvard & an MBA from Columbia Business School. She has worked on Wall Street. This is her first book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Recovery > Drug Dependency
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Recovery > Substance Abuse
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Pop Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Poverty > Social Services & Welfare
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Popular Culture