No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||CDN$ 15.52|
|Kindle Price:||CDN$ 16.99|
Simon & Schuster Canada, Inc.
This price was set by the publisher
How To Win Friends and Influence People Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Kindle Edition, Aug 24 2010||
Kindle Monthly Deals
Each month we unveil a new collection of Kindle books for $3.99 or less. Deals expire on the last day of the month. See more.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
What follows are the books' 6 major sections and core points. Keep it close with you because, although simple, they are easy to forget:
* Fundamental techniques in handling people:
1) Don't criticize, condemn, or complain
2) Give honest and sincere appreciation
3) Arouse in the other person an eager want
* Why some people are very likeable (or 6 ways to make people like you):
1) They are genuinely interested in other people
2) They are often smiling
3) They remember people's name. For them, this is the sweetest and most important sound in any language
4) They are great listeners.Read more ›
Thoroughly entertaining by using fun and interesting examples, I don't think many readers will regret checking this one out and I like to think of this book as a kind of Human Relations 101 of sorts. Also recommend The Sixty-Second Motivator for further reading on motivational principles.
Recently though, I noticed some growing criticism of the book and its teaching, and I thought that this would be a good time for me to refresh what I learned from the book and assess its quality based on the experience I've gained since the first time I read the book. So I bought the unabridged audiotapes of the book and listened to it whenever I was in the car.
Mr. Carnegie said somewhere in the book that if one thing you learn from the book, which is the ability to understand the different views of other people in different situations, then that would be enough. And I agree wholeheartedly.
My judgment is that this book will indeed teach you how to understand the motives and the different forces playing in the different people you meet.Read more ›
However, the first time I attempted to systematically put this book into practice, I was working with a domineering, loud, opinionated and outspoken person who subsequently stamped all over me and my "Carnegie" principles. True, many people (maybe a majority) will respond positively when you practice Dale Carnegie's plan, but there is a sizeable minority who will walk all over you regardless.
And a person who has self-image problems? I hate to say it, but Dale Carnegie's book can set them up to be mowed over.
I have balanced Dale Carnegie with Manuel J. Smith's book WHEN I SAY NO I FEEL GUILTY. I found it more effective when I built a good, healthy respect for myself first. Then guess what! I found myself winning more friends and influencing more people!
Most recent customer reviews
There is a reason why this book is so famous! It is easy to read, and Carnegie has a knack for illustrating his point beautifully. Read morePublished 17 days ago by LJeffreys
This is by far one of the greatest books I have ever read. This book should be mandatory to read in all our schools. Do not let the title mislead you. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Amazon Customer
You need to read this and own it. Read it at least once a year !!!Published 19 days ago by Amazon Customer
This title might sound manipulative prima facie but read into it and you will find the best book on self help and leadership. Read morePublished 24 days ago by Okello
I was looking for a book to improve my socials skills in a professionnal manner. Did it help? Easy answer, Yes ! Did I learn something ? Read morePublished 25 days ago by Oneill
Great for today's terrible bipolar political climate. Read this, Own It, and Get After It. #4:45clubPublished 1 month ago by Lucas S
A great book for everyone whats to know how to deal with people successfully.
A must read. I bought for my friends as a gift ad well. Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Running Meetings & Presentations
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Relationships > Interpersonal Relations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Books > Self-Help > Success
- Kindle Store > English Language Store
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Relationships > Interpersonal Relations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Success