IBS Relief: A Complete Approach to Managing Irritable Bowel Syndrome Paperback – Jul 28 2006
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Take control of IBS so
IBS doesn't take control of your life
IBS Relief, Second Edition is an extensively updated, hands-on guide to help you manage your symptoms and limit the frequency, intensity, and duration of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) episodes. Written by a doctor, a dietitian, and a psychologist, this guide gives you a multidisciplinary approach encompassing every proven strategy for managing IBS, including new drug therapies and stress management techniques.
This book won't confuse you with medical terminologyIBS is confounding enough. Instead, the book contains questionnaires, lists, diaries, stress and food tolerance tests, and other tools to help you determine the pattern of your symptoms, identify triggers, and take appropriate action. You'll learn how to manage your problem based on your specific symptoms. Approaches include:
- A three-step process for managing irritable bowel through healthy eating
- Recommended diet adjustments for the six most common IBS symptoms
- Three stress-management strategies, including specific techniques for calming the body, calming the mind, and confronting stress
- Three steps to controlling pain
This book gives you the tools, the techniques, and the information you need to make specific lifestyle and diet changes that can bring real relief.
About the Author
Dawn Burstall, R.D., T. Michael Vallis, Ph.D., and Geoffrey K. Turnbull, M.D., work together in the gastroenterology program at Capital Health, a large teaching hospital in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
be full of information she didn't know.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Disorders & Diseases > Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Healthy Living
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Gastroenterology
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Gastroenterology