Ice Cream and Frozen Deserts: A Commercial Guide to Production and Marketing Hardcover – Dec 23 1997
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
This book is an easy-to-read guide written for manufacturers, either large or small, involved in the production and marketing of ice cream and other frozen desserts. It covers all commercial aspects of ice cream production, such as batch freezing and continuous freezing to marketing and merchandising. This guide includes the largest source of recipes compiled.
From the Back Cover
A total guide to manufacturing, retail, and entrepreneurial success in one of today's most lucrative food industries.
Here is your one-stop guide to one of the fastest growing sectors of the food industry, where opportunities abound for manufacturers, retailers, and entrepreneurs. Ice Cream and Frozen Desserts is the only complete handbook on the commercial production and marketing of ice cream and frozen desserts for manufacturing and retail operations. It serves up a feast of how-to information, from writing business plans to purchasing equipment, from selecting a location to marketing your product—it even includes 500 delectable recipes using either the continuous or batch method of production.
Ice Cream and Frozen Desserts tells you what you need to know to:
- Select the kind of frozen dessert business that's right for you.
- Plan, finance, start, and operate a manufacturing or retail frozendessert business.
- Purchase, install, and use ice cream making and serving equipment.
- Determine which production method is right for you—continuous or batch.
- Market and merchandise your frozen confections.
- Manage employees, keep accurate financial records, and maintain sanitary conditions.
- Create dozens of delectable types and flavors of frozen desserts.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
As my plans are to possibly open a parlor, some of the aspects of the commercial operations were not useful to me, but it *was* at least interesting to see how the big boys do it.
The one area that I was a little disappointed in was the business aspects of it. There were some general discussions of things to accomplish, without any real instruction in how to go about actually *accomplishing* them.
Overall, well worth the (rather steep, I admit...) price.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Marketing
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Baking
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Cooking by Ingredient > Cheese & Dairy
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Professional Cooking > Professional
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science