summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 10, 2014
If you are a bit more academically inclined, then I would strongly recommend this Bible, which I use for my men's Bible study group. It is only for the New Testament, and does use the slightly older language of the RSV instead of the NRSV you will know from the Canadian Mass, but it is far and away the best Study Bible I have ever read, Protestant or Catholic. No less important, it is extremely orthodox in its Catholic understanding of Scripture. You will not find theological speculation in anything Hahn writes in this Bible. What he does instead is provide excellent insight into virtually every verse of the NT Scripture, as well as in depth examination of authorship, audience, and purpose of each book, as well as key words, teachings, and passages, all detailed with extensive cross references to other NT and relevant OT passages. I personally wish that every English speaking Catholic bought this Bible and read it.
on October 21, 2011
A few years ago, Ignatius Press started publishing Study guides with commentary, notes and reflection questions for each book of the New Testament. This Bible is a compilation of all these guides for each book in the NT. I bought all the guides and loved them. This one-volume New Testament with Commentary is much easier to refer to than all the paperback booklets. I received this as a gift and am going through each book again rediscovering the beauty of Sacred Scripture.

I also see that Ignatius Press is starting to publish paperback booklets on the Old Testament. I can't wait! This Study Bible for the New Testament is a great gift idea for young people celebrating their Confirmation.
on April 9, 2011
This is a great Study Bible that I have over and over again recommended to many of my friends, priests, nuns and lay people. It has so much information, so simple and so well organized in the many ways that you easily grasp and understand complicated theological concepts. You will learn to understand scriptures, how the OT and the NT are related to each other, and most important, you will understand God's messages, and come to appreciate his loving salvation plan to each one of us. Thank God for this great work. It is edited by Scott Hahn, a great theologian who has helped many to have a greater love and understanding of Scripture and of the Catholic Church. A great buy!!!!! Every sincere Catholic or Christian should have a copy!
on August 2, 2010
This Study Bible is a great study aid for learning the New Testement. It is every bit as advertized. I bought the RSV 2nd edition Bible as well as it makes referring to the Old Testement easier. One of my best buys.
on June 19, 2016
I am not a Catholic but I am absolutely delighted with the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible (NT). Maybe I should have ordered the leather version instead. But the paperback is still a good purchase. It is the highest quality paperback in my library, with strong and thick pages that have almost no bleedthrough. The print is sharp and pleasant and highly legible, whether it is the serif font of the main text, or the sans-serif font of the footnotes. But the real value of the book lies the study notes and accompanying helps, which are deep and informative, yet very readable. My only negative is that the concordance is too long (160+ pages), which I don't use and which adds bulk to the book. But this is just my preference, and I will still give the book five stars.
on February 8, 2014
This study bible is incredibly detailed and often includes translation details from Greek. I only wish the Old Testament were available as well.
on March 14, 2013
I received this yesterday. After I ordered it I was concerned that I ordered the leather (more expensive) edition. I'm glad I did. It is very rich looking and has 2 ribbons. The print is very easy to read & I like the feel & quality of the pages. The margins are only 1/2" so may be difficult to write notes. This bible is too nice to write in so I will use separate note book to post-it notes to write on. There is lots of information in this study bible and I would recommend it to anyone.
on June 25, 2013
Reads beautifully. I have the Word of God in my hands. And the large print makes it easy to read. I definitely recommend it.
on February 8, 2013
It is written in accordance with the Tradition of the Church. It is orthodox and full of helpful information for better understanding Scripture.
on September 28, 2014
A very useful aid to scriptural study. Contextual and theological insight combined in an easy to use format.