Big, green, scaly, and surprisingly cuddly, a well-adjusted iguana is like a cross between large, friendly dog and an independent cat. On the other hand, a poorly trained iguana can be a living nightmare. With his muscular, three-to-four-foot-long tail and 116-120 razor-sharp teeth, a nasty iguana can be a genuine danger to life, limb and property. Iguanas require a constant 90-degree Fahrenheit environment and lots of room to range around in.
Iguanas For Dummies lets you take a long, well-informed look before leaping into the exotic world of iguanas. Written by one of the most respected experts on the care and feeding of iguanas, this fun, entertaining book fills you in on everything you need to know to successfully adopt, nurture, live with and love an iguana. You’ll discover how to:
- Decide if an iguana is right for you
- Feed and house your iguana properly
- Keep your iguana healthy
- Bond with your scaly friend
- Integrate your green amigo into your life
- Socialize and train your mini-dinosaur
Ideal for first-time and veteran iguana owners alike, Iguanas For Dummies is a gold mine of advice, guidance and tested-in-the-trenches tips on:
- Iguanas 101: history, anatomy, physiology and different species
- What you should know and what to look for when shopping for an iguana
- Housing your iguana—includes tips on buying or building an enclosure and how to create a safe environment for a free-roaming iguana
- How to feed your iguana and how often
- Health issues, concerns and treatments
- Breeding iguanas for fun and profit
Whether you’re thinking about getting an iguana, or you already have a whole herd of big green herbivores, this fun, friendly guide will answer all your questions.