- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Imagination and Its Pathologies Hardcover – May 9 2003
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"For a field that is so focused on human change, mental health's neglect of the imagination is a significant gap. Imagination and Its Pathologies should go a long way towards rectifying this omission." John Z. Sadler, Professor and Director of Undergraduate Psychiatric Education, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
"Kenneth Richman's remarkable book brings a unique depth of scholarship to the task of illuminating the much overused concept of patient-centered care. The Richman-Budson theory of health, setting individual patients' goals in the context of the traditional medical focus on biological functioning, is a must for medical educators."--K.W.M. Fulford, Professor of Philosophy and Mental Health, University of Warwick, and Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist, University of Oxford
About the Author
James Phillips is Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Yale School of Medicine.
James Morley is Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology at Ramapo College of New Jersey.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
In September 1944 a woman in Mattoon, Illinois, complained to the police that someone was secretly spraying gas into her bedroom and paralyzing her. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > By Topic > Imagination
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > By Topic > Intelligence
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Mental Illness
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Pathologies
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Science
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychopathology