Learn to craft desserts from a master pâtissier.
Claire Clark is the pastry chef at The French Laundry (Napa Valley in California), one of America's most renowned restaurants. Its innovative and creative menus always deliver the highest standards of quality and great taste. Its celebrated desserts, made by Clark, are nothing short of remarkable.
Indulge is a collection of Claire Clark's favorites dishes that any home chef can re-create. Perfectly decadent, the recipes in this new cookbook range from the deceptively simple to the more exotic. Included are cookies, cakes, pastries, mousses, ices, meringues, custards and creams, and more. Clark's down-to-earth writing style demystifies such sumptuous sweets as:
- Red wine and chocolate cake
- Bitter chocolate, praline brûlée and espresso torte
- Orange and pistachio semolina cake
- Fig and blueberry and créme fraîche tart
- Rich chocolate ganache tart with salted caramel and candied peanuts
- Tropical fruit Pavlova
- Mango, ginger and lime sorbet.
Along with the recipes there are valuable tips and techniques learned during Claire Clark's 20 years as a pastry chef in world famous restaurants.