Information Design Hardcover – Jun 18 1999
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"A wonderful resource compendium on the diverse landscape of information design. From theory to practice, the book is truly an effort in the 'design of understanding'"
—Clement Mok, Chief Creative Officer, Sapient
About the Author
Robert Jacobson is Senior Consultant at SRI International, in California. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Top Customer Reviews
I'd have preferred two or three volumes to one try-to-be-everything text. Also, I sense a need for a magazine or online journal, to bring things up to immediate date. But overall, I was plenty impressed and satisfied with this book.
Clement Mok, a personal fav rave, on the dustjacket calls ID the "design of understanding." This book does a good job of it.
The best of the bunch is by Nathan Shedrof, who comes up with a decent definition and gets into the details of it gracefully and eloquently. Ask a colleague who bought the book to copy chapter 11 for you.
Most recent customer reviews
I purchased this volume after coming across a reference on-line. I was lucky enough to find a copy and am glad I did. Read morePublished on June 10 2010 by J. Ross Mustard
Its like hanging out with an interesting group of people. They speak from experience, some talk too much, some don't talk enough. Read morePublished on Dec 14 1999 by jojo
It is a nice book to find some odd perspectives on information design. There are even three chapters I liked. About sense-making, about information theory and the epilogue. Read morePublished on Oct. 22 1999
Too much touchy-feely, and not enough science. There's some interesting stuff in here, but you have to look too hard to find it. Read morePublished on Sept. 15 1999
many of the other reviewers have captured the problems that this book suffers from. It is a crazy www of poor design and problematic realisation. This is not information design. Read morePublished on Sept. 14 1999
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Graphic Design > Graphic Arts
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism
- Books > Arts & Photography > Instructional & How-To
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Modelling & Simulation
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Library & Information Science > Information Science
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Social Situations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Social Aspects