- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Ingres Then, and Now Paperback – Feb 3 2000
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This is an unusually fine and intelligent study, which will prove compelling to anyone thinking about the nature of modern art and the situation of the modern artist in 19th and 20th century France. Rifkin offers the reader an array of brilliant and unexpected insights--at times focused on Ingres, at others opening out onto new ways of thinking about modernity and the fabric of modern artistic culture.
Alex Potts, University of Reading
About the Author
Adrian Rifkin is Professor of Visual Culture and Media at Middlesex University. He is the author of Street Noises: Parisian Pleasure 1900-1940 (1993).
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Artists, A-Z > ( G-I ) > Ingres, Jean-Auguste-Dominique
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Regional > European
- Books > Arts & Photography > Instructional & How-To
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Artists, Architects & Photographers
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Art History
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences