on February 7, 2014
Did not work for my dog. I am giving the product a 2 star because the idea of it is great and the collar worked fine... It sprayed every time he barked. My dog went in to a "bark and spray fit" eventually. His anxiety and barking was too strong to care about the smell and spray. It scared him the first time and he learned quickly that when he barked he got a spray which was not pleasant. Just as quickly though he learned that eventually the collar will empty and he can continue barking!! Tried it another 4 times I left home... When I came back he was barking and my whole place smelt of citronella with the collar empty every time. I really wished it worked for him as I don't want to use a shock collar. He's one tough and stubborn dog!
on October 21, 2013
This device worked very effectively at teaching my Alaskan Husky to turn down his volume; he no longer screeches at the top of his lungs. Happily this device does not go off with any sound, just ones above a certain decibel level, and if your dog makes too much noise it comes back smelling lemony fresh. The only downside was that my 17 year old Siberian Husky didn't like the new guy and figured out pretty quickly that if she barked he got sprayed and she didn't mind the spray at all. Even so it only took about 3 days and the occasional reminder afterwards to keep him quiet. I recommend this device as a first choice for canine noise control as it worked very well, it has been very durable, the battery is still good after almost a year, the price is quite reasonable, and it does not have the cardiac risks that shock collars do.
on June 4, 2013
We tried it on our small 10 lb Pomeranians and the unit was to heavy and did not spray in the face but into the air with no effect on barking.
on June 10, 2014
Bought this collar on advice from a friend down the street who has the same problem, barky dogs.
This item works well and battery lasts, still have not replaced.
It does prevent the dogs from barking at neighbors or at the door, but dog is getting used to it.
He still barks at door sometimes and this citronella sprays into the air and on their chins, which annoys them, making them stop and rub it off their chins on the couch and stuff. no problems otherwise, definitely recommend, price is much better here as well than retail stores.
Ray
on June 1, 2013
I have recently moved from Ontario to Alberta and brought our Bichon Frise dog with us. In Ontario we lived in a house and had no problem with our dog barking but as soon as we moved to a Condo in Alberta all she did when we left is bark like crazy. So I tried the shock collar and it didn't work because she still kept on barking. So I decided to order the Citronella anti-bark spray collar, tried it and haven't had any problems since. Dogs absolutely hate the smell of citronella and that is true. I would refer anyone who has a dog that barks and you want them not to to purchase this collar because you will not be disappointed!!!
on October 21, 2011
Did not want to shock my dog so this was recommended to me by a friend who is a vet. My dog was a nuisance barker due to some separation anxiety. This collar solved the problem. I don't even have to turn it on anymore just wearing it is enough for her. She only wears it when we are not home. Love it...so do the neighbors. Highly recommend.
on May 1, 2012
I got this collar a week ago but it doesn't seem to work. I have no idea if it deters my dog's barking or not because it doesn't go off when she barks! I know the collar itself is working because it did go off twice so far. I'm very disappointed in this. The microphone must not be sensitive enough for her barks or something.
on August 7, 2015
Bought this for our stubborn, separation anxiety westie... Work for about 30 mins.... The collar sprayed and functioned correctly however she liked the spray and barked even more.... Product works just have to besureyourdog doesn't like the spray
on September 24, 2013
Had the collar a few weeks and it wasn't working so I went out and bought a new battery for it, and yes its the right on cause I brought the old one with me and it still doesn't work....very disappointed :(
on January 13, 2012
We have used this product at our dog boarding kennel for many different dogs to curb unwanted barking. The product works great and owners appreciate a safe and painless options for dealing with barking.