Instant Immersion American Sign Language Deluxe
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Tax Central 2015|
Prepare yourself for this Tax Season. Visit Tax Central, your shop for all things tax.
- Platform: Windows 98 / Me / XP, Mac OS X
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
From the Manufacturer
From the history of American Sign Language to hand positions for thousands of ASL words and phrases, this eight-CD-ROM software suite is packed with authoritative content developed in tandem with experienced ASL instructors, and features full-motion signing instruction for a wide array of real-life situations.
- Learn body and hand positioning for grammar and fingerspelling
- Video lessons and explanations of ASL phrase syntax improve beginners' foundation in ASL
- Hands-on ASL dictionary packed with over 6,000 words--plus synonyms and written sign movement descriptions for each entry
- ASL phrase guide offers real-life communication--over 600 phrases are introduced, with video demonstrations of each entry
- Complete reference guide provides overview of the scope and history of America's third most common language
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Disk 2 and 3 contains a dictionary of words that are used in sign language. The list is not exhuastive but it is extensive. The words that are in bold are on that disk. The normal font words are on the other disk. Each word comes with a visual representation of the sign. Each word comes with a written description of the sign that explains what the sign is trying to illustrate. Each word comes with a list of alternate and simular words. This is usefull in determining which definition of a word is being used. such as Ball-dance party, or Ball-play object. Unfortunutaley there is no written definiton of the word. The words are listed alphabetically and by catagory. They also have section for games and quizes where you can test your knowledge.
Disk 4 contains finger splelling for all of the words in the alphabet. It also contains a discription ofthe grammar and syntax of sign language. Disk 5-8 conntains various f]phrases that are comonly uswed in everyday conversation. They are broken up into catatgories. The phrases also comes with a video interpretation.
This is a good software to learn sign langauge on a casual basis so you can communicate with friends and family who are deaf. This software is a good study aide for a sign language class. If one wants to learn sign language professionally then they need to take a sign language class. This software is by no means a substiute for a formal class in sign language.
One downfall is that the program teaches mostly the noun version of each word and only a few examples are given for forming sentences when signing certain words. I found that the more words I learned the more I wanted to know how to use them in a different context and this program offered very limited examples if any, which is why I think it is better for the beginner-possibly intermediate-user. The set has 8 cds, #1 installation, #2 Dictionary Pt. 1, #3 Dictionary Pt.2, #4 Grammer and fingerspelling, #5 - #8 are Phrase guides. Enough to get you started.
I thought something was wrong with the laptop so I returned it.
I have since loaded this software at work and at home and the same thing happens. You have to shut the program down and start it up again to gain the initial speed. And of course there are eight disc. You can't load but one disc at a time.
If they could just fix these two things, this learning tool would be prefect.
Look for similar items by category
- Software > Education & Reference > Foreign Languages > American Sign Language
- Software > Education & Reference > Foreign Languages > Universal Translator
- Software > Language & Travel > Foreign Language > American Sign Language
- Software > Language & Travel > Foreign Language > Universal Translator
- Software > Macintosh