- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Insuring Security: Biopolitics, security and risk Paperback – Aug 15 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Contributing to a fertile and stimulating literature on insurance as a pivotal technology of modern governance, Lobo-Guerrero's book is both theoretically challenging and empirically fascinating. No scholar concerned with understanding the shaping of risk and security in the twenty-firt century should leave this important book unread."
Pat O'Malley, Professorial Research Fellow, University of Sydney, Australia.--This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Luis Lobo-Guerrero is Lecturer in International Relations at Keele University, UK. He has published widely on the biopolitics of security, insurance as a liberal security technology, and the relationship between security, risk and liberal governance.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Insurance
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > War & Peace
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > History & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Urban Planning & Development
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political History
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy