- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
International Handbook of Student Experience in Elementary and Secondary School Hardcover – Mar 12 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The International Handbook of Student Experience in Elementary and Secondary School is the first handbook of its kind to be published. It brings together in a single volume the groundbreaking work of scholars who have conducted studies of student experiences of school in Afghanistan, Australia, Canada, England, Ghana, Ireland, Pakistan, and the United States. Drawing extensively on students’ interpretations of their experiences in school as expressed in their own words, chapter authors offer insights into how students conceptualize and approach school, how students understand and address the ongoing social opportunities for and challenges in working with other students and teachers, and the multiple ways in which students shape and contribute to school improvement. The individual chapters are framed by an opening chapter, which provides background on, bases of, and trends in research on students’ experiences of school, and a final chapter, which uses the interpretive framework translation provided to explore how researching students’ experiences of school challenges those involved to translate the qualitative research methods they use, the terms they evoke to describe and define students’ experiences of schools, and, in fact, themselves as researchers.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Early Childhood Education
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Lesson Planning
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Administration
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Curriculum & Instruction
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Elementary Education