Internet Strategy Handbook Hardcover – May 1 1996
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Mary Cronin wrote the very first book about doing business on the Internet, and her latest contribution continues in her pioneering and practical efforts at explaining the net to practical-minded managers. This is a collection of ten essays written by information managers and consultants for information managers and consultants. Includes contributions from high level employees of Genentech, Dow Jones, Digital, and Lockheed, among other high-powered and effective users of information technologies. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
The surge in stock prices of any company involved with the Internet in any way attests to its impact on the business world. For companies considering taking advantage of the Internet, Cronin, author of Doing Business on the Internet (1994), has gathered here 10 experts who report on their companies' successful experiences. Several of the companies, like DEC and Dow Jones, increased sales by developing products and services for use in accessing the Internet or by becoming a provider of information on the Internet. Other companies, like Lockheed Martin, Genentech, and Schlumberger, used the Internet for various business applications, such as recruitment, marketing, training, and research. Cronin includes a particularly useful chapter by Internet consultant Joel Maloff outlining a methodology for measuring the benefits and costs of connecting to the Internet. Appendixes include a chronology of the Internet's growth and highlight contributors' and their organizations' home pages. David RouseSee all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce > Internet Marketing
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Strategy & Competition
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Marketing
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Manager's Guides to Computing
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Web Marketing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Strategy & Competition
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Web Marketing