Praise for this book:
This teaching textbook is highly recommended to any radiologist. --Clinical Imaging May 2011, Antonio F. Govoni, MDThe difference [between this book] with traditional books presenting radiological cases is based on the choice by the authors to present each case as a quiz thereby stimulating the reader to test his/her experience and technical knowledge. --Clinical Imaging May 2011, Aldo Morra, MD
Simulates the experience of having the direct supervision of a more seasoned radiologist colleague...one could find the answer to virtually any question about breast imaging interventional procedures in this book. --Doody's Review
Written by a team of experts, this practical how-to guide provides a systematic overview of the most current image-guided interventional techniques used to diagnose breast abnormalities.
In the first part of the book, the authors discuss how to acquire tissue samples using minimally invasive procedures such as ultrasound-, x-ray-, and MRI-based interventions, and present information on pretherapeutic localization and classification of lesions. The second part of the book covers the essentials of fine-needle aspiration and cytologic assessment, followed by a chapter on histologic evaluation and up-to-date pathology reporting categories for core and vacuum biopsy specimens.Features:
- 1,295 high-quality clinical images from the authors' daily practice illustrate radiographic findings and examination approaches
- More than 50 cases studies for self-assessment
- Separate chapters on patient preparation, instrumentation, galactography and ductoscopy, and sentinel node biopsy
- Color-coded text boxes highlight tips, tricks, pitfalls, checklists, and guidelines for rapid review of essential concepts
- Consistent chapter structure for maximum accessibility
Interventional Breast Imaging is a must-have resource for all radiologists and gynecologists. It will improve the accuracy and confidence of any clinician involved in image-guided breast interventions.