- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Introduction to Banking Paperback – Dec 21 2006
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Introduction to Banking is a comprehensive and up-to-date introduction to the business of banking, written by expert authors. The book covers both theoretical and applied issues relating to the global banking industry, highlighted by examples from across Europe and the wider international arena. It is organised into four main sections: introduction to banking; central banking and bank regulation; issues in bank management; comparative banking markets.
- Familiarises students with the reasons banks exist, the different services they offer, and the recent trends impacting on the banking business.
- Covers contemporary central banking and bank regulation issues comparing the UK, Eurozone and the US providing students with the most up-to-date information on banking practice.
- Strong focus on bank management issues, including insight into risk management techniques used by banks prepares students to understand the different financial features of commercial and investment banks.
- Recent developments in developed, emerging and transition banking and financial systems are covered in detail, familiarising students with different types of banking systems and how global trends impact on different types of banking markets.
Suitable for all undergraduate students taking a course in banking, as well as professionals entering the banking industry. It also provides solid background reading for postgraduate students of banking.
About the authors
Dr Barbara Casu is Senior Lecturer in Financial Studies at the University of Wales, Bangor. Her research interests are in Banking and Finance and Performance Measurement. She has published widely in these areas, including recent publications in: the Journal of Banking and Finance, the Journal of Business, Finance and Accounting, and Applied Financial Economics.
Dr Claudia Girardone is Lecturer in Finance at the University of Essex. Her main research interests are in the areas of bank performance and efficiency analysis and her recent publications appear in Applied Economics, Applied Financial Economics, and the Journal of Banking and Finance.
Philip Molyneux is Professor in Banking and Finance and Director of the Institute of European Finance at the University of Wales, Bangor, and has a chair at Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Netherlands. Professor Molyneux has published widely in banking and acted as a consultant to: World Bank, European Commission, UK Treasury; and various other international banks and consulting firms. He has recently been appointed as one of eight expert financial sector advisers to the European Union's Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee that implements financial services regulations for the European Community.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I am an English teacher in the financial sector in a foreign country and i've been using this book with my students to our full satisfaction.
I highly recommend it.