march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 22, 2010
I was thrilled to receive this latest installment in the "Irish Country" series by Patrick Taylor. I am totally immersed in the lives of the characters of this series, and it looks like another book will need to be written by Taylor! If you are a Binchy fan, you'll love Patrick Taylor. I would recommend that the books be read in order, as the story line is more or less chronological.
on April 9, 2011
Patrick Taylor is a lovely writer. His Balleybucklebo books are a great read. The people ( I can't use the word characters as I feel like these folks are alive somewhere) are a pleasure to experience. This is not heavy reading but a pleasurable read that carries you away to place that you feel you like to live. Read all the Fingal, Kinky, Barry books you can find!!!
on October 11, 2011
The Irish Country Doctor series is always a joy to read. I always enjoy visiting this village and meeting the residents. Having been to Ireland, these books always bring back memories of the wonderful people I met there.
on December 9, 2010
All four of Patrick Taylor's Doctor books sit proudly beside my collection of Maeve Binchy, Leon Uris,Frank Delany and many others. Patrick combines the light and humerous with the sincere sympathy, compassion and understanding found in the Irish people. My husband very much likes them,too. We hope he carries on keeping us up to date with all the doings of our new found friends.
on March 7, 2013
I am a reader not a writer. Please don't ask me again to explain why I like a book. I just like to read.
on February 2, 2014
I am about 1/2 way through and enjoying it very much. This is the fourth one in this series that I have read and I intend to read all of them in this series in order.
on May 27, 2015
I enjoy each of the Irish doctor series books by Patrick Taylor. My parents are from Belfast and Bangor and they don't talk like this so I'm quite amused
on July 3, 2015
I Love the Irish setting, Taylor is a great storyteller, culturally and medically correct, wonderful tales of Ballybucklebo....so on to the next book!!
on January 14, 2014
Courtship is a word no longer used unfortunately. Takes you back to days of manners traditions and charm so unlike today. Pity.
on April 9, 2013
wE HAVE READ THE WHOLE SERIES THUS FAR AND REALLY ENJOY THEM.
The characters make you laugh and cry - a really good read!