Italian Grill Hardcover – Mar 29 2008
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
“In his new cookbook, Italian Grill, the star chef steps up to the grate with amazing recipes that express his extroverted approach to flavor.” (Food & Wine)
“Mario Batali is a madman/hero. Is there nothing he’s not good at? Great chef, successful restaurateur, an author, an intellectual, host of a ridiculously informative and much-too-good-for-television TV show, afficianado of fine rock and roll, and a man of Falstaffian appetites.” (Anthony Bourdain)
“Ingenious....this is an essential collection for any serious backyard cook.” (Publishers Weekly (starred review))
About the Author
Mario Batali is the James Beard Award-winning author of eight cookbooks, includingMolto Batali,Molto Gusto,Molto Italiano, andSpain...A Culinary Road Trip, as well as the appMario Batali Cooks!With a host of television shows to his name; fifteen restaurants; and Eataly, a fifty-thouasand-square-foot Italian marketplace in New York City's Flatiron District that he co-owns with his partner, Joe Bastianich, Mario Batali is one of the most recognized and most respected chefs working in America today. Mario splits his time between New York City's Greenwich Village and northern Michigan with his wife and their two sons.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Top Customer Reviews
The book comprises:
- Grilling basics
- Ingredients and techniques
- Pizza and Flatbreads
- Fish and Shellfish
OK - so far my favourites are:
- Portobellos with Arugula and Parmigiano
- Asparagus Wrapped in Pancetta with Cintronette
- Grilled Scamorza with Olio Piccante - LOVE this one!!
- Radiocchio in Pancetta with Pears and Balsamic
- Marinated Zucchini with Ricotta and Bottarga
- Fennel with Sambuca and Grapefruit
- Focaccina with Roasted Garlic, Shallots and Provolone
- Piadina with Prosciutto and Mascarpone
- Shrimp Rosemary
- Grilled Lobster with Lemon Oil
- Mackerel "In Scapece"
- Spicy Black-Pepper-Coated Drumsticks
- Guinea Hen Breasts with Rosemary and Pesto
- Grilled Lamb Chops Scottadita
- Pork Loin with Milk Sauce
- Pork Shoulder Braciole
- Butternut Squash with Vin Cotto
- Corn "As Italians Would Eat It"
- Waxy Potatoes in Chianti Vinegar
Whew - that's a lot. And many more in my book are marked to try. It is not often so many recipes leap off the page as they do with this book. You can practically hear and smell the sizzle of the grill just looking at the book!
If you want to try a few different things on your grill that don't require uncommon ingredients give this book a try. One of my favourite grilling books.
...amazing simple recipes....the spit roasted duck was just amazing...
Wouldn't miss a BBQ with out it!