- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
It's Your Move 4th Edition: A Guide To Career Transition And Job Paperback – Jan 24 2012
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
MARGE WATTERS is a co-founder of KWA Partners, one of Canada’s premier career transition and job search management firms. She holds a master of divinity degree and a bachelor of arts in economics, and she spent nineteen years in the financial services industry. The combination of her business acumen and skills in working with individuals during times of personal change has given her a unique ability to counsel both employees experiencing job loss and organizations undergoing change.
Top Customer Reviews
As a Canadian Career Coach, I often recommend this book to my clients. It has been in existence for over a decade but has been updated on a regular basis and is now in its 4th edition. The book begins by dealing with the emotional, financial, social and professional impact of job loss. For anyone who has been through it, they realize that having a coach as a thinking partner is useful, but this is the next best thing. This book shows you how to identify your interests and accomplishments, and the importance of having an action plan to move forward. There are chapters on putting together marketing materials such as a resume bio and cover letters, as well as how to use social media such as LinkedIn.
There are over 30 pages of worksheets in the book ranging from tracking expenses to debriefing after an interview. This is an extremely practical guide that is also available for Kindle. The target audience is (as the title suggests) managers, professionals and executives. If you happen to fall into one of theses categories, I think you'll find it to be a valuable career resource
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers > Guides
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Human Resources
- Books > Textbooks > Reference