From the Back Cover
You'll learn the essentials of Visual C++ 2005 and get a thoroughintroduction to the techniques used for accessing data sources inboth Microsoft® Foundation Classes and Windows® Formsapplications. Plus, the exercises included at the end of mostchapters will help you apply what you've learned as you make yourway to becoming an effective C++ programmer.
What you will learn from this book
- How to use the capabilities of Visual C++ 2005 to createapplications
- Unique aspects and new features of Visual C++ 2005
- The basic ideas and techniques involved in debugging
- Ways to build a graphical user interface for yourapplication
- How Microsoft Windows applications are structured
- Tips for understanding the nuances of C++ without gettingconfused by the complexities of Windows GUI programming
Who this book is for
This book is for novice programmers who are looking to write C++applications for the Microsoft Windows OS. No previous programmingexperience is required.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learningprogramming languages and technologies easier than you think,providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you throughall the techniques involved.
About the Author
is one of the preeiminent authors of tutorials on the Java, C and C++ programming languages. He is widely known for the tutorial style of his books, which provides step-by-step guidance easily understood even by first-time programmers. Horton is also a systems consultant in private practice.