From the Back Cover
You'll learn the essentials of Visual C++ 2005 and get a thorough introduction to the techniques used for accessing data sources in both Microsoft® Foundation Classes and Windows® Forms applications. Plus, the exercises included at the end of most chapters will help you apply what you've learned as you make your way to becoming an effective C++ programmer.
What you will learn from this book
- How to use the capabilities of Visual C++ 2005 to create applications
- Unique aspects and new features of Visual C++ 2005
- The basic ideas and techniques involved in debugging
- Ways to build a graphical user interface for your application
- How Microsoft Windows applications are structured
- Tips for understanding the nuances of C++ without getting confused by the complexities of Windows GUI programming
Who this book is for
This book is for novice programmers who are looking to write C++ applications for the Microsoft Windows OS. No previous programming experience is required.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
About the Author
is one of the preeiminent authors of tutorials on the Java, C and C++ programming languages. He is widely known for the tutorial style of his books, which provides step-by-step guidance easily understood even by first-time programmers. Horton is also a systems consultant in private practice.