With Valentine's Day coming up, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has released the second volume of the Jonas Brother's Disney Original Series "JONAS" titled "I Heart JONAS". The comedy series is reminiscent to another classic music-based comedy shows such as "The Partridge Family" or "The Monkeys" in which the storylines focus on a topic and is essentially a comedy series. Also, similar to those classic shows, the Jonas Brothers perform a song relating to the show.
"JONAS" revolves around the three Lucas brothers who are in a popular band and try to live their lives like regular high school kids and attend high school. In the first DVD volume "JONAS: Rockin' the House", the episodes focused with storylines featuring each brother and their adventures. But this time around, with Valentines Day around the corner, all seven episodes focus on Joe Lucas and Stella.
The two have grown up with each other since they were babies and both like each other but due to the Lucas's success in the music world, Joe knows that he can't have any relationships. While Stella, being the band's designer knows that and so both try to keep their distance from each other and keep it as friends. But can they ditch their emotions and how they feel for each other and watch each other date other people?
In the second volume of "JONAS: I Heart Jonas", the DVD features the following episodes:
* Fashion Victim (Episode 7) - The Lucas Brothers have an important meeting with the Queen but when Joe gets jealous of Stella and Van Dyke going on a date, he accidentally messes up their outfits for their upcoming meeting.
* Love Sick (Episode 10) - Joe invites Stella to a fashion show. Meanwhile, Macy finds someone that can be a Nicky wannabe.
* Three Musketeers (Episode 11) - The Lucas brothers are selected in the school play of The Three Musketeers but Joe is shy on stage and doesn't want to be part of it and is replaced by Van Dyke. But when he hears that Stella gets the part of female lead and has a kissing scene with Van Dyke, Joe gets jealous.
* Karaoke Surprise (Episode 14) - It's the 15th Friendship Anniversary and the Lucas Brothers want to plan a surprise party for Stella.
* Chasing the Dream (Episode 6) - Kevin let's Macy become their backup singer. But when she turns out to be awful, Kevin knows he must do something about it.
* Frantic Romantic (Episode 12) - Movie star Fiona Skye uses Joe's popularity by letting the tabloids know that she is dating Joe (when they actually are not). How can Joe stop Fiona from using him.
* Forgetting Stella's Birthday (Episode 16) - It's Stella's birthday and usually the guys don't forget but when they have an important interview, they all forget. Stella assumes they are planning a secret birthday party.
* Double Date (Episode 18) - When Stella goes on a date with Van Dyke, Joe gets even more jealous.
VIDEO & AUDIO:
"I Heart Jonas" is presented in Full Screen (1:33:1) and is presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 Surround Sound. The picture quality is different from other Disney Channel shows in that it's filmed like a drama series and is not in front of a live audience. Audio quality is front and center channel-driven and dialogue is understandable and music is clear.
Subtitles are featured in English SDH and Spanish.
"I Heart Jonas" comes with the following special features:
* You Just Been Jo Bro'd! - Suprising Jordin Sparks - (10:39) Similar to a show like `Punk'd', the Jonas Brothers prank their friend Jordin Sparks.
* Dylan & Cole Sprouse: Blu-Ray is Suite - (4:45) A featurette about Blu-ray and High Definition.
* Learn How to Take Your Favorite Movies on the Go - (1:03) A Featurette explaining what a Disney Digital Copy is.
The DVD also comes with three magnets featuring each member of the Jonas Brothers.
As a guy who has reviewed many shows from female and male idol groups worldwide, "I Heart Jonas" is one of those shows that I found fun, but also campy but know that the series will more than likely appeal to the Jonas Brothers fans. And for fans, especially the parents, this is a solid DVD release that you'll definitely get your money's worth.
I did feel that "I Heart Jonas" was much more enjoyable than the first volume because it features a recurring theme which revolves around Joe and Stella's feelings for each other. The three grew up with each other and care highly for each other but the problem is that because he's in a band and she is an employee, they know they shouldn't mix pleasure with business. But the two enjoy each others company so much and get very jealous when each are dating other people. Will Joe and Stella hook up or realize that they shouldn't?
For those who are more Kevin or Nick Jonas fans, although this volume focuses on Joe mostly, there are short storylines in each episode with both brothers but unlike the first volume which spreads each episode out and featuring on each brother, "I Heart Jonas" are specifically Joe and Stella driven episodes.
So, for the Jonas Brothers fans, if you enjoyed "JONAS" on the Disney Channel, you'll definitely enjoy volume 2 of "JONAS" with their latest DVD "I Heart Jonas".