- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
JUNOS Cookbook Paperback – Apr 28 2006
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Time-saving Techniques for JUNOS Software Configuration
About the Author
Aviva Garrett has documented Juniper Networks technologies since joining the company as its first writer in 1997. She wrote the first JUNOS manuals and then oversaw the documentation as the company grew from a startup to an established network equipment provider. She recently stepped down as Juniper Networks' Director of Tech Pubs to pursue other writing and business assignments, such as this book. Prior to Juniper Networks, Aviva worked at Cisco Systems for six years. She also worked for Novell, Saber Technologies, Gavilan, and other technology companies and startups. She is the co-author of "Juniper Networks Field Guide and Reference" (2002, Addison-Wesley). Aviva is well-known in the networking industry and in networking list-serves and engineering circles.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
If you operate a Juniper router from time to time, or even on a daily basis, this book should be always on your desk, handy to grab, so you can use it whenever you need to answer a configuration or operational question, when you exhausted reading the standard configuration guides and the online help, and just before calling for help from a friend or from Juniper's Technical Assistance Center (JTAC).
For anyone with a Cisco background, this book will get you up and running quickly with JunOS. Using this book, I was able to:
1) install JunOS;
2) upgrade JunOS;
3) configure NTP;
4) configure network interfaces;
5) configure BGP and ISIS;
6) enable a packet sniffer for troubleshooting purposes;
7) configure RADIUS authentication;
8) backup and restore JunOS configurations over the network;
9) and enable ssh access to a router running JunOS.
That's just scratching the surface of what this book covers. The more I read it, the more I learn -- and the more JunOS impressed me.
The absolutely best technology book I've purchased this year. Highly, highly recommend it to anyone using JunOS or moving to JunOS.
Its clear, concise and very easy to understand.
I attended a two day Juniper course last year mainly for the forthcoming arrival of these routers and I can definitely say this book has taught me more in the two days of reading it than the two days of the instructor led waffle I had to sit through.
I am now considering purchasing the Enterprise switching cookbook also.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware > Internet & Networking
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Intranets & Extranets
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > LAN
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > Networks
- Books > Computers & Technology > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Operating Systems