Java 3D Programming Paperback – Jan 1 2002
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"!!!! Exceptional" -- Today's Books
"Readers who have an interest in 3D programming using Java should not miss this book." -- Compunotes.com
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Most useful was the description and detailing of the scenegraph, which made it easy to do certain things in my applets. The book also covers more advanced geometric concepts, so advanced programmers should be able to glean much more from the book than I have for now.
All in all, a fascinating complement to the Sun tutorial. If you plan to program with Java 3D components, this book will be very useful.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
There are no accompanying CD that include code, thus it is again harder to see techniques. The book is amateurishly composed, and the code examples are very difficult to read (no emphasizations, no bold lines, no comment highlightings...)
I recommend this book only if you can afford a book that will not help you much and urgently need a Java3D book.
There is only one weakness - geometry creation. Whether you create it inside Java3D or load it from industrial 3D packages, I think the official Java3D tutorial does a better job.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Java
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Object-Oriented Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software