“Fully updated and revised for Eclipse 3.0, this book is the definitive Eclipse reference—an indispensable guide for tool builders, rich client application developers, and anyone customizing or extending the Eclipse environment.” The Ultimate Guide to Eclipse 3.0 for the Java Developer. No Eclipse Experience Required!
—Dave Thomson, Eclipse Project Program Director, IBM
Eclipse is a world-class Java integrated development environment (IDE) and an open source project and community. Written by members of the IBM Eclipse Jumpstart team, The Java™ Developer’s Guide to Eclipse, Second Edition, is the definitive Eclipse companion. As in the best-selling first edition, the authors draw on their considerable experience teaching Eclipse and mentoring developers to provide guidance on how to customize Eclipse for increased productivity and efficiency.
In this greatly expanded edition, readers will find
- A total update, including the first edition’s hallmark, proven exercises—all revised to reflect Eclipse 3.0 changes to the APIs, plug-ins, UI, widgets, and more
- A special focus on rich client support with a new chapter and two exercises
- A comprehensive exercise on using Eclipse to develop a Web commerce application using Apache’s Tomcat
- A new chapter on JFace viewers and added coverage of views
- A new chapter on internationalization and accessibility
- New chapters on performance tuning and Swing interoperability
Using this book, those new to Eclipse will become proficient with it, while advanced developers will learn how to extend Eclipse and build their own Eclipse-based tools. The accompanying CD-ROM contains Eclipse 3.0, as well as exercise solutions and many code examples.
Whether you want to use Eclipse and Eclipse-based offerings as your integrated development environment or customize Eclipse further, this must-have book will quickly bring you up to speed.