Java For Dummies Paperback – Aug 11 2011
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Jumpin' Java! The bestselling Java beginner's book is now fully updated for Java 7!
Java, the object-oriented programming language that works on almost any computer, is what powers many of those cool multimedia applications. Thousands have learned Java programming from previous editions of this book now it's your turn! Whether you're new to programming or already know a little Visual Basic or C++, you'll be doing Java in a jiffy.
The Java scoop get an overview of Java, the enhancements in Java 7, and the software tools you need
Building blocks learn to work with Java classes and methods and add comments
Get loopy understand the value of variables and learn to control program flow with loops or decision-making statements
Class it up explore classes and objects, constructors, and subclasses, and see how to reuse your code
A click ahead experiment with variables and methods, use arrays and collections to juggle values, and create programs that respond to mouse clicks
Open the book and find:
Definitions of the many terms you'll encounter
The grammar of Java
How to save time by reusing code
All about if, for, switch, and while statements
An overview of object-oriented programming
Hints about handling exceptions
How to write Java applets
Ten ways to avoid mistakes
Visit the companion website at www.dummies.com/go/javafordummies5e for lots of code samples that you can use in your Java programs
Combine several smaller programs to create a bigger program
Work with new libraries, closure, parallel frameworks, and other new features
Create basic Java objects and reuse code
Handle exceptions and events
About the Author
Barry Burd, PhD, is a professor of mathematics and computer science at Drew University. He frequently contributes to various online technology resources, including JavaBoutique.com, and is the author of Ruby On Rails For Dummies and the previous edition of this book.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It was very good, The author starts off small and then goes big and I love the way he explains how to learn Java he makes it funny with a some jokes here and there and fun by telling story's and then making the story's into a java programs.
I am very happy that I bought this book
you should too
buy it if your new to java
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning > For Dummies - Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Java > Beginner's Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools > Java
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > Web Programming > Java
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > General
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages