- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
John Cage and David Tudor: Correspondence on Interpretation and Performance Hardcover – Apr 22 2013
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"There is no other such study so thorough, indeed no other collection of primary materials which approaches this one in depth. Nor a study full of such useful and informative contextualisation and commentary for that matter. It's a major contribution to its specific area, and to scholarship on one of the major fields in twentieth century musical development. Very well produced, it carries a strong recommendation."
"... one is impressed by both Tudor's commitment and Iddon's persistence ... Recommended. Upper-level undergraduates and above; general readers."
J. Behrens, Choice
Martin Iddon's book is the first volume to collect John Cage's complete correspondence with his closest collaborator, the pianist David Tudor. Iddon tackles the question of how much creative flexibility Tudor was granted when performing Cage's notorious indeterminate and chance-guided works, from Music of Changes to Variations II.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Biographies
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Songwriting
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Music