- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Joomla! Explained: Your Step-by-Step Guide Paperback – Jun 27 2011
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Master Joomla! hands-on, step-by-step, through easy, practical examples!
Joomla! now powers tens of millions of websites of every size and type. But many beginners find it confusing, and most Joomla! books are too complex to help. Joomla! Explained is the solution. Top Joomla! trainer Stephen Burge teaches everything beginners need to know--and nothing they don’t need to know!
Joomla! Explained requires absolutely no experience with Joomla! content management, website construction, programming, scripting, or even HTML. Stephen Burge has taught thousands of beginners--and thousands more who’ve experimented with Joomla! but haven’t mastered it yet. Nobody knows more about guiding Joomla! users up the learning curve--from confusion to results!
You’ll master Joomla! one easy step at a time, through a complete hands-on case study. Burge presents crystal-clear visuals, explanations, and analogies--all extensively tested with real Joomla! beginners. This book’s quick, easy coverage includes
• Understanding what Joomla! does and how it works
• Installing the latest version of Joomla
• Navigating your site’s visitor and administrator areas
• Mastering workflows that make site creation easy
• Adding text, images, links, and formatting
• Creating efficient, usable navigation
• Providing contact forms, ad banners, and link directories
• Using modules to enable site registration and search
• Adding voting and other smaller “plug-in” features
• Quickly changing site designs with Joomla! templates
• Finding, choosing, installing, and using extensions
• Building both business and personal sites, step by step
• Giving customized access to different types of users
• Managing site versions in multiple languages
• Efficiently administering, backing up, and updating sites
About the Author
Stephen Burge has split his career equally between teaching and web development. In 2007 he merged the two by teaching web development with Joomla!. His company Open Source Training teaches Joomla! classes around the world and online. Stephen travels widely, helping people learn and thrive with Joomla!. He has been involved with many aspects of the Joomla! community, most recently as board member of Open Source Matters, which provides Joomla! with financial and legal support.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book also goes over and over the same material, 'practicing' what you just read. The book could convey the same info in 1/4 the pages.
All in all, I read though it but never picked it up when working with Joomla. It is just not useful at all as a reference.
Gave it 2 starts because the cover is nice and I didn't find any typos.
easy step by step explanation.
before reading this book i had no idea how to use joomla!
and now i'm able to do almost what i want with Joomla!
I read this book in less than 1 week
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Content Management
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science