Joseph Joseph Elevate Solid Spoon
- Solid spoon by Joseph Joseph
- Features an innovative weighted handle; prevents utensil s head from touching worktop surfaces
- Head is heat resistant up to 240C / 480F
- Ideal for use with non-stick cookware; ergonomic soft grip handle
- Dishwasher safe
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Color Name: Green
The Elevate Solid Spoon utilizes an innovative weighted handle to prevent the utensil s head from touching worktop surfaces. This maximizes hygiene whilst minimizing mess and eliminates the need for a spoon rest. The tool head is heat resistant up to 240˚C / 480˚F and is ideal for use with non-stick cookware. Ergonomic soft grip handle. The Elevate Solid Spoon is dishwasher safe. By Joseph Joseph, masters of form and function.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
And the "elevate" feature is wonderful -- it really lifts it well above the counter. Others have written that it won't rest in a pan because of the weighted handle, but I found that if I flip it upside-down (so that the spoon points downward), I can rest the handle on the counter while the spoon end stays securely on the edge of the pan. Although...with the elevating feature, it's really not necessary to rest it in a pan.
The drawback of this spoon is also a useful attribute. Its spoon bowl is very shallow, so not too easy to dish up foods. But, this flattened aspect makes it a great tool for certain other jobs, like turning sliced potatoes in a pan.
It has a wonderful feel and balance, and is very solidly made. I expect many years of use from this great tool.
If you're curious, my favorite of the 3 spoons I ordered was the Copco Smart Gadget Nylon Cooking Spoon. I just might order another, just in case that one ever breaks. It's just that good!
1. The shape of the spoon itself. It's just squared off enough at the end that it makes it really easy to get everything out of a pot or pan. It's almost as convenient as a spatula, except it's scooped out a lot more.
2. The material. It's a very durable plastic that is totally safe to use on non-stick cookware.
3. The "elevate" feature. Of course, this will *not* keep things from dripping from the spoon onto your counter, but it *will* keep the spoon itself from touching the counter and leaving a big mess. It's a lot easier than using a spoon rest, and more hygienic than just leaving the spoon sitting on the counter.
4. The handle is very ergonomic and makes stirring and scooping things easy and fast. The spoon handle is weighted, which also makes it feel better in the hand when you're using it.
5. It's colorful and looks cool.
So yes, it's just a spoon, but if you spend any time at all cooking, you know how important it is to have good tools, and this has become one of my favorite kitchen items.