march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage scflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 5, 2016
I recommend anything by Osho. To me, he is THE contemporary spiritual master (even though he died in 1990). He just has a way of explaining things and making you shift your perspective and opening your mind to new insights, new ways of thinking, of seeing the world, of experiencing life and everything it has to offer. I've never read one of his books (actually, he never wrote any book, they are recollections of his talks) that I thought was a waste of time. I always gain something and his teachings, his vision, are truly life-changing. If you have the intelligence and the awareness to understand what he says, and I mean truly understand what he is trying to convey, you will come out transformed.

For starters, I recommend watching his talk "I don't ask you to agree with me" on Youtube in order to get a general idea of his approach. I really feel like the people who criticize him are actually misinterpreting his teachings and I hope you will give his teachings a try, be open to it and try to understand him because you will gain so much out of it.
on February 29, 2004
In "Joy--The Happiness that Comes From Within" Osho proves himself once again to fit squarely in the tradition of cultural physicians past and present (Nietzsche, Colin Wilson, Erich Fromm, Laing) and clearly states that society as it exists is little more than a mass neurosis of fear, culturally glorified narcissism, and above all, fear of openness. Perhaps the only problem with his work is that it is being marketed in a culture directly inimical to it's message--as a Westerner, I have trouble inculcating his on-the-mark attacks simply because I am a Westerner. Osho has written the same book countless times, and his message never becomes less relevant for the repetition. He is a poet, philosopher and sage all at the same time, and his constant exhortation to 'drop the ego' could be characterized as the central message in his work. The only thing I take issue with in his work is his persistent dismissal of culture's irrevocable (and sometimes irreversible) influence on the individual. If one could simply 'drop out' of this mass neurosis a lot more intelligent people would have done it by now. Nonetheless, his work is invaluable and I am certain that one day Osho's name will be up there with the greats of both literature, eastern thought and creativity.
on March 7, 2004
These posthumous books published by Rajneesh's people are regularly described or categorized as "Sufi" or "Sufism." Was Rajnessh a Sufi? I don't know of any of his commune devotees at "Rajneesh puram" who would have called themselves Sufis.
Let's be honest and leave the Sufism to Sufis.