- Provides a clear structure for an introductory JIT training program.
- Explains every aspect of the JIT system, including how to set it up and how to refine it once it's in place.
- Shows how to use a simple visual system to control the production process.
Every day more American companies are learning that JIT works outside Japan. Now you can get started with this step-by-step book which guides you through the implementation process. Every engineer, manager, supervisor, and worker should read this book to get the clearest, simplest, and most complete introduction to JIT available in English.
Results at American companies after reading this book:
- Lead-time on one product was reduced from 12 weeks to 4 days.
- Setup time on a large blanking press was reduced from eight hours to one minute and four seconds.
- Work-in-process has been reduced 50 percent plant-wide.
- Factory floor space was opened up 30 to 40 percent in every on of their plants.