Karaoke Revolution with Headset - PlayStation 2
|List Price:||CDN$ 123.99|
|You Save:||CDN$ 66.09 (53%)|
- Platform: PlayStation2
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
From the Manufacturer
Turn your PlayStation 2 into a high-end, interactive karaoke machine with Karaoke Revolution, the latest in Konami's award-winning line of music video games. Featuring an impressive list of tunes from current hits to yesterday's classics, Karaoke Revolution will give gamers of all types something to sing about.
Top Customer Reviews
The game does, however, have a score of problems.
1) The included mic is terrible. You can, however, easily scrap a mic from a cordless/cellular phone.
2) The game is very, very unforgiving if you try to sing any of the songs in a different octave. Given that songs for both male and female voices are included, this is more than a little problematic.
3) Just like DDR isn't really dancing, Karaoke Revolution is not really singing. Attempting to sing any of the songs like they're actually recorded will usually result in a bad score. Vibratto will almost always drop your score, and the songs are imperfectly programmed, so you have to pay attention to the visual representation of sustained notes in order to cut off at the appropriate time. None of this should be a problem for the average user, but as a vocalist I was surprised (and not surprised) by the limitations of the game.
But hey, it's a fun game, and a kick at parties (if you can live down the fact that you own it in the first place).
By singing in tune and along with the proper cadence, you score points that can be used to unlock new characters, songs, bonus videos, and character outfits. Each song has a "difficulty level", and believe me ... "Ladies Night" is a lot more difficult than "Kiss Me". This can be a bit frustrating for younger children. You can choose the difficulty level to help overcome this issue - it can "go easy" on you, but if you're too bad, you can actually be booed off stage. Funny when it happens to my wife -- but my 7-year-old doesn't find it too funny.
Make sure you understand which songs are on the disc, and that you like them. (Although even the songs you don't like tend to grow on you after you've belted them out a few times...) There's a good cross selection from the 70s, 80s, 90s and today, with a little over 30 songs total. Different styles are included as well, although most songs are ones that charted in the Top 40, and the selection is a bit skewed toward late 90s & early 2000s.
Despite a few minor shortcomings, this game is tight, and with 1-8 players, it's a great group or party game, and can be used by the whole family, or a group of friends.
One final note -- the headset that comes with the packaged set is a bit small. If adults plan to use the game, you probably want to buy the game by itself and spring for Sony's headset -- it's a bit bigger and seems to be a little more solid.
Most recent customer reviews
I'm still giving this game 5 stars, but do yourself a big favor and do NOT buy this version. Amazon also sells the same game without the headset. Read morePublished on July 18 2004
OK lets get on with this review!
This is no storyline to this game, all u do is SING!!!!! Read more
I got this game a few days ago with the headset and it's so fun! Most of the songs I knew, and that's quite a feet! Read morePublished on June 21 2004
We've had other types of karaoke machines, etc. This by far has been the most fun for my kids (8 and 11) and their friends!!! Read morePublished on June 15 2004
Me and my friend Brianna love it!Performing is cool and awsome
when you first try it out.Show Time is so cool but,also difficuit
because the button's jump up on the... Read more
The game is the best!Me and everybody in my family have this.The
Show Time Mode is fun.Let's talk about the angry crowd.Crazy boo
by the crowd. Read more
This is a really fun game.The micophone is flaless and the pitch
lines are very hepful.If you are Karaoke Revolution dreamer than
this game is for you. Read more
Me and my number best friend loves this,I know all the tips,but Iam
not telling.I do not have it yet.So,I will getit in June.I went to
my friends house to play it. Read more
hey guys this is the absolute coolest game! you don't even have to know how to sing because of the different judging levels! and it's even more fun if you do know how to sing. Read morePublished on April 11 2004
Look for similar items by category
- Video Games > More Systems > PlayStation 2 > Games > Action
- Video Games > More Systems > PlayStation 2 > Games > All Games
- Video Games > More Systems > PlayStation 2 > Games > Classic Games > Arcade
- Video Games > More Systems > PlayStation 2 > Games > Simulation > Life
- Video Games > More Systems > PlayStation 2 > Hardware > Controllers