Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

• Kate

Format: PaperbackChange

on August 21, 2005
I read Kate together with my book club at school. I recommended it in the first place, already having read Mrs. Sherrard's Shelby Belgarden mysteries (which I loved).
It was a quick and wonderful read. I found that when I was reading, it became increasingly harder to put it down. I'd even neglect my homework to continue reading it.
Kate is so real - and incredibly brave. She was fourteen, and she was dying. Having someone so young, under the worst circumstances, being so optimistic about life was just incredible. I also enjoyed reading about her life - her parents, her falling-out with her best friend Josie, the town recluse (whom Kate befriends), and who could forget Randy, Kate's love interest. Everything tied in together nicely, and I liked the diary first-person format. It made everything that much more personal and real.
The other members of the book club also enjoyed the book. We all thought Kate was admirable - someone to be highly commended for her bravery, strength, and overall optimism of life, even though she was dying.
However, the book was very sad and heart-wrenching at times. I shed a few tears at the end - so be sure to keep a box of tissues nearby!
Thank you, Mrs. Sherrard, for writing such a poignant and wonderful story.
Kate was a fantastic read. Highly recommended.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2004
This book will touch you in ways you will never expect. The character, Kate is so real you will feel sure you really know her and you will feel everything she feels. I will read this book again and again! A must read!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse