I've had this blender for a couple of weeks now and have used it almost every day. Thus far, have only made smoothies (using frozen components), a batch of chimichurri (that I over-blended; pilot error), and an experimental ice crushing.
I'm very pleased with the blender:
1. As long as there's enough liquid involved, has not been fazed thus far by frozen items. It does what it's supposed to do very well.
2. Because the buttons are flush with pedestal, easy to clean base.
3. As blenders go, noise isn't overwhelming.
The above reads to me as a rating of 3, but I give it a 4 based on my satisfaction with it based on all kinds of blender reviews I read before I bought this one.
Some minor cons:
1. When it's really going to town at high speed, the blender sometimes walks the counter, so you've got to keep your eye on it.
2. The blender *would* be hard to clean, I think, because it was a real bear to un-do the components. However, I clean the blender by rinsing it out after use, putting a little dab of dishwashing liquid plus hot water, then I run the blender. I then rinse with hot water. Works great!
3. The owner's manual lacks much meaningful usage guidance, such as what to blend or not to blend. Or guidance on speeds for various items.
4. It's height is such that it doesn't fit under my kitchen cabinets when fully assembled, but not in use. Could be a problem for some.