- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Knowledge Power: Intellectual Property, Information, and Privacy Paperback – Jul 2004
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"A superb and comprehensive introduction to the issues and controversies surrounding intel lectual property, information, and privacy.... well conceived, accessible, and engaging." - Susan Sell; "Marlin-Bennett's long-needed analysis offers the best of all worlds - it is broad enough to begin making sense of the impact of technology on society, and specific enough to provide valuable, practical insights into situations that apply to the student, the scholar, and the policymaker." - Ken Rogerson; "An engaging, easy-to-read overview of a complex and important subject. Dr. Marlin-Bennett's book is neither too technical nor too polemical, which greatly increases its appeal." - Debra Spar"
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
As a psychologist, I especially liked Marlin-Bennett's discussion of the flow of personal information. Her evaluation of the often porous boundary between public and private information is enlightening; the definition of confidential is shifting. The limitations on one's right to privacy are carefully and thoughtfully examined. The rules are changing and each person has a role to play in shaping the fine balance of ownership of and access to knowledge; therein lies the power.
The audience for this book is wide. The text is enlivened by examples from sports, music, science, business, etc. I strongly recommend this book to those who feel the tension between the rights of government and business versus those of the individual. You will become informed about rights and responsibilities in the Information Age and prepared to enter the debate.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Law > Academic Materials > Property
- Books > Law > Business > Property
- Books > Law > Current Affairs
- Books > Law > Intellectual Property > Patent, Trademark & Copyright
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > Reference
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Law
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Social Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science