- Product Dimensions: 11.4 x 2.3 x 6.1 cm ; 109 g
- Shipping Weight: 590 g
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required.
- Item model number: 8796062
- ASIN: B002HOPUPC
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: July 24 2009
- Average Customer Review: 46 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #85,001 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Kodak Zi8 1080p Pocket HD Camcorder (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Record High Definition video (1080p at 30 fps with 16:9 aspect ratio)
- Easily upload recorded footage to YouTube with built-in USB and software
- Expandable SD/SDHC card slot up to 32 GB; Rechargeable batteries and charger included
- Vibrant 2.5-inch viewfinder; Watch footage on HDTV with included cables
- Edit and share videos with included software
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Color Name: Black
Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera (Black) - Refurb
From the Manufacturer
Define yourself in high definition.
It’s small enough to fit in a pocket, but why would you ever want to put it there? Whether out on the town or just hanging with friends, the Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera captures every experience in stunning 1080p HD video. Stay in focus while you’re on the move with integrated image stabilization. Then kick back and watch all the action on your HDTV or share your scene on YouTube with the built-in USB. The Zi8 pocket video camera has all you need to define yourself in high definition.
- Take full HD 1080p videos wherever you go
- Get sharper videos and less blur thanks to built-in image stabilization
- Premiere your videos in the palm of your hand with the vivid 2.5-inch color LCD
- No cables to worry about–just swing out the USB arm to upload, share and charge
- Get a new perspective–take amazing 5 MP 16:9 widescreen HD still pictures
- Share on Facebook and YouTube with ease–built-in software makes editing and uploading simple
- Compatible with PC and MAC (Use with Apple iLife Suite of products) operating systems
- Compatible with iTunes for syncing with Apple TV, iPhone and iPod Devices
- Plenty of room for more–record up to 10 hours of HD video (Record ~20 min per 1 GB at 720p HD at 30 fps) with the expandable SD/SDHC Card slot that can hold up to 32 GB
- Capture your friends in their best light with smart face tracking technology
- See more details and accurate colors in low light
- Make audio awesome–the external microphone jack lets you record in stereo
- Be ready for the big screen right out of the box with complementary HDMI cable
- Record from a distance or play back on your TV with ease with available remote control
- Grab attention and define your style with the ultra-compact design, stunning looks, and a range of colors
- Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera
- KLIC-7004 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- Adapter and cable for battery charging
- HDMI and AV cables
- Wrist strap
- User’s Guide
- ArcSoft MediaImpression Software for Kodak (on-camera)
Top Customer Reviews
PROS: relatively inexpensive; unlike the Flip UltraHD Camcorder, 120 Minutes (Black), it does 1080p; uses SD or SD HC memory cards, which means you'll never run out of space (and you could get more than the Flip's 120min, though battery life might be a limiting factor); there's 2 lens settings--extreme close-up, and everything else; easy to use; very portable, with built in image stabilization (which I'll qualify, as it is not as good as it sounds); HDMI cable included (these are notoriously expensive in stores, and since it's not a standard HDMI cable, you'd have to be careful when ordering online); plug and play in your HD TV; the free ArcSoft software is something you'll get a kick out of--try the "watercolor" effect, it's pretty cool; replacement (rechargeable) batteries are inexpensive as well (around $10, shop around and you can get 2 for $10, see High Capacity KLIC-7004 Digital Camera Replacement Lithium-Ion Battery Compatible with Kodak KLIC-7004, Fuji NP-50, Pentax D-LI68); microphone jack allows you to upgrade the sound quality (microphones range in price from $10 to over $250 depending on how much you love this toy).Read more ›
The kodak Zi8 is perfect. It's small, it takes good images and the sound is fine. You can also use a microphone thanks to the mic jak!!
If you want to see what it can do, take a look at the video I made to show how good Zi8 works.
Buy it you will love.
The zoom is also not very nice (I don't recommend zooming while filming; a regular digital photo camera does a better job at it than this one) and Kodak removed the AA battery for a proprietary battery pack, which means that if you run out of battery life and you are at Walt Disney World while filming a parade (like it happened to me last time), well, you are out of luck. The previous models just take regular AA batteries, which is much better.
It is a good value for the money, but not awesome; hopefully Kodak will finally understand they need to put a zoom in and out that resembles it's digital photo cameras and the next generation will be hopefully better.
If you are into gadgets (like I am) them it's a buy it now; otherwise sit this one out and wait for another generation.
The only setback is it's lack of flash. This makes night-time and low-light shots very difficult to take.
Aside from that, the rest of it's available features are great: internal USB connection (so you don't have to drag a cable around), up to 32GB of SDHC storage, easy-to-use button controls, macro/landscape modes, etc.
I spent quite a while shopping around; I didn't want the most expensive camcorder, but did not want the cheapest either. I found this one for a good price on Amazon.ca. After scanning various forum reviews, etc., I picked it up.
This little device could not be easier to use. Without even reading the instructions I was fully using the device within minutes of pulling it off the charger. It easily handled the class-6 32gb SD card I put in, formatting it in seconds.
The camcorder lets the user select a variety of video sizes from 1080p down to still picture. Changing formats is a few button clicks, it's that simple. Shooting is one button on/off, and the video/audio quality is excellent, like all camcorders, moving causes jittering, but this one does a good job of minimizing it. For me the batteries lasted about 45 minutes each, with that in mind I would recommend getting a spare; I got mine through a partner deal Amazon had for 1 cent, can't beat that?!?
The device downloads to a computer via USB, with the software installing in seconds right off the device itself. Managing the video files is simple with the included software application and ran flawlessly on my Windows 7 box.
If you are looking for a simple quick camcorder that is no bigger that a cell phone, this is the way to go and I recommend it. I've used this camcorder in my shop videotaping our work, to capture gaming sessions with friends, on my Xbox 360 and for outdoor events all without any problems.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Yes everyone has a phone, I like the video results from the Kodak more. It is easy to use - just don't misplace the charger or if you do know that a Sony PSP charger will do the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Denis Bernicky
Purchased this CAMCORDER before the improvements in phone cameras and digitial camera over took it. Though it was OK when we purchased it, now you would be better off getting one... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Henry Lim
Love the external mic input
Zoom feature is jerky and unrefined
This was an interesting buy. It worked and was HD but I felt it was more of a toy than a "tool" to be taken seriously. Read morePublished on Feb. 6 2014 by Donald Nunes
We have had this camera for about three years. We totally recommend it. It is easy to use and easy to carry, perfect for any outdoor occasion and on trips. Read morePublished on Oct. 26 2013 by Moka T
I have owned this for over a year. One improvement would be to have the possibility to turn off the screen. Because it drains the battery. Read morePublished on Sept. 16 2011 by chosebine
Pleased when I've used it.
Use it to take family videos.
-small, easy to carry (so you do)
-easy to use/transfer etc. Read more
I bought the cam to use for training vignettes for e-learning modules and it's exceeded my expectations. It's very user friendly and the built-in USB is great for uploading. Read morePublished on June 30 2011 by MAGSAP
The product itself is great and the software with it has caused me many difficulties as I try to bypass, uninstall it and recover two dll files it eliminated.Published on June 6 2011 by Carol A. Munro