Lamto: Structure, Functioning, and Dynamics of a Savanna Ecosystem Hardcover – Mar 20 2006
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
"This new volume is good news for savanna ecologists. It is a summary and integration of some four decades of ecological research in the savanna of Lamto in Ivory Coast, West Africa. … a most interesting book that is of great value to savanna ecologists. … This is a very valuable and interesting book which I certainly recommend to all savanna ecologists, and I congratulate the authors with their achievement." (Marinus J. A. Werger, Phytocoenologia, Vol. 38 (1-2), August, 2008)
From the Back Cover
Known as "a dream place for scientists," the Lamto savannas, located on the edge of the Cote d'Ivoire rain forests, are one of the only savannas in the world where ongoing ecological research has endured for more than forty years. Drawing from and synthesizing this abundance of research, the book examines the structure, functioning, and dynamics of the Lamto humid savanna. Beginning with the history of the Lamto ecology station and an overview of the major environmental conditions of the site, this exacting work specifically examines the integrative view of energy and nutrient fluxes relative to the dynamics of the savanna's vegetation.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Flora
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Plants