This book takes the guesswork out of planning any landscaping project.
Landscaping a property can be an overwhelming task. How much will it cost? How long will it take? What plants will grow best in a particular location? Is it a do-it-yourself or a professional job?
Landscape designer and horticulturalist Judith Adam provides every crucial step in designing and implementing a landscape plan: from assessing specific needs and planning a budget and timeline, to making the best choices for a successful garden. From her years of experience, Adam describes 200 of her favorite plants, shrubs and trees. This revised edition includes a new chapter on low-maintenance and self-reliant gardening that helps the home gardener get the most out of the space with the least amount of work.
This new edition of Landscape Planning includes:
- 25 fully illustrated step-by-step projects
- 27 fully illustrated Ten Best lists, such as ten best drought-resistant shrubs; ten best plants for autumn display
- A property assessment survey, budget questionnaire and sample four-year plan
- Hardscaping: ideas for steps, sidewalks, fences and lighting
- Softscaping: working with plants, shrubs, trees and lawns
- Techniques for planting, irrigating and fertilizing plants and controlling pests
- A list of tools that every gardener needs
- Plans for a low-maintenance garden -- and much more.
This comprehensive guide is a must-have for homeowners and avid gardeners alike.