Latin Selections (Dual-Language) Paperback – May 5 1992
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel, please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
There are no customer reviews yet on Amazon.ca
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
14 of 14 people found the following review helpful
By Amazon Customer - Published on Amazon.com
The book uses histories and literature of classical writers, such as Cicero, Vergil, and Apuleius, as a tool to reinforce the ability to read Latin. The level of comprehension ranges from the easier to the challenging, and the book includes a dictionary at the end. The selections are printed in Latin and English, so that students with or without Latin fluency can enjoy the pearls of wisdom to be gathered from these primary sources. The compiler of this anthology chose selections that captivate the reader's imagination much as a contemporary story might do.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Latin
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Greek
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Roman
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature