- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Laurie Taylor Guide to Higher Education Paperback – Feb 15 1995
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'Laurie Taylor has not simply been providing a very amusing column for his colleagues in academic life, and showing that intelligence has the power to laugh at itself. He has also been recording, exploring and entering the fine print of current
university experience in an age of growing intellectual and academic emoralisation... it is to me, like Nelson's, one of the really great columns.'
'A future historian could well find Laurie Taylor's column a more authentic source for
what has really been going on in British Higher Education in the 1980s and 1990s than all the White and Green Papers'
Peter Scott, Professor of Education, Leeds University; Former Editor, THES
'Laurie Taylor anthologised is, if anything, funnier than Laurie Taylor's weekly column' Professor Michael Shattock
'Professor Taylor is a liar and a blackguard'
The Vice-Chancellor, University of Poppleton
'A Flaubert for our time? Parodies of academic angst and argot from THES.'
The New Statesman & Society, November 1994 - The Times Higher Education Supplement, November 1994 - The Times Educational Supplement - Busin, March 1995
'..probably the sharpest insider's analysis available of the 'culture' of higher education in this country today, very much the spiritual descendants of Francis Cornford's Microcosmographia Academica.'
The Times Literary Supplement, March 1995 - The Times Literary Supplement, March 1995
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Nonprofit Organizations & Charities
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Higher & Continuing Education > College & University > College Guides
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory > Research
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Teens > Reference > College & University Bound > College Guides
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Test Prep & Study Guides