- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Le Cordon Bleu Cuisine Foundations: Classic Recipes Spiral-bound – Jun 1 2010
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Founded in Paris in 1895, Le Cordon Bleu has trained several generations of chefs worldwide while instilling its unique passion for the art of cuisine. Today, Le Cordon Bleu is the preeminent culinary arts educational experience worldwide; its very name is synonymous with culinary excellence.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The only problem (or advantage, depends how you look at it) is that this is aimed for profesionnal cooks that have plenty of time, ingredients, and utensils in their hands. If you want to study & learn the basics of french cuisine and are ready to invest what it takes, then this is an excellent reference. But be warned that many recipes is written over 1-3 pages (very detailed step-by-step description with the politically correct - french - terms for each procedure). So a solid and generously illustrated reference if you want to learn how real restaurants cook do their trade!
If you're an amateur and would like to cook "real & serious food" at home, but don't have hours to carefully carve every piece of vegetable and create many stocks, sauces & such, then pick another book. The recipes in this one look delicious, and the book itself is great (lots of photographies, very interesting and relevant text), but I never cooked anything from this book yet (so can't comment on how these taste) simply because it seems that each recipe will take me 3 hours... and I always end up chosing something in another book that looks doable for a weekly dinner.
Maybe I'll do a coq au vin for my dad's birthday when I have a long weekend ahead? Maybe... Or when I'll retire?
This book not only outlines the techniques, it's beautifully illustrated with step-by-step photos: there's no way you can't succeed with this in your library! PLUS these recipes are what spawned the techniques the LCB chefs hone today: learning by doing is the best way to truly understand. The best part of this...learning by doing when you're talking food means you have dinner when you're done!
This needs to be on your kitchen counter!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Service
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers > Guides
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Culinary Arts & Techniques
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Gastronomy
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Regional & International > European > French
- Books > History > Europe > France
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Food Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Food Science
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance