I have a love-hate relationship with this kettle. I love the looks, the colors, the size. But they don't hold up the way I want them to. Despite this, I've had 3 of them over the last few years. If you want a kettle to last a long time, I guess this isn't the right one. Here are the downsides and upsides:
1) Fabulolus range of colors.
2) Heats pretty fast
3) Whistle is great as long as it doesn't fall out
4) No problems with rusting inside, and I leave water in it all the time.
5) Cleans up nicely no matter what splatters on it (I keep mine on the stove all the time)
1) No matter how careful you are, the enamel will eventually chip off here and there, especially at the bottom.
2) The metal side parts of the handle DO get hot and if you are careless, you can burn your hand. However, I haven't considered that a big problem.
3) I've had 3 of these over the last few years. On two of them, the whisle device fell out of the end of the spout and couldn't be put back (it wouldn't stay in once it fell out). The first two were replaced due to excessive chipping.