Develop State-of-the-Art iPhone/iPad Apps with MonoTouch and .NET!
Are you an experienced C#/.NET developer who wants to reach the huge iPhone/iPad market? Now, you can create great iOS apps without first mastering Objective-C and Apple’s development toolset. With MonoTouch, you can leverage the skills you already have to create powerful apps that can be sold in Apple’s App Store or deployed throughout your organization. In Learning MonoTouch, Michael Bluestein helps you get started with MonoTouch fast and make the most of its remarkably robust capabilities.
The book first walks you through setting up your MonoTouch development environment, explaining how MonoTouch abstracts the iOS SDK to permit development against native iOS classes from C#. Through simple examples, you’ll start building working apps, establishing a firm foundation for more advanced coding. One step at a time, you’ll master increasingly sophisticated cases through practical examples. Bluestein even shows you how to leverage powerful .NET tools in your iOS apps, including LINQ.
• Applying common iOS development patterns and techniques in C#
• Using MonoTouch to handle memory management and garbage collection
• Structuring MonoTouch apps for the MVC design pattern
• Making the most of iOS user interface classes
• Leveraging the address book, camera access, email, and iOS media features
• Customizing tables and navigation for richer experiences and better performance
• Accessing the iOS Core Graphics and Core Animation subsystems
• Building iOS location-based applications with Core Location and MapKit
• Consuming web services from MonoTouch
• Integrating iOS and .NET networking capabilities
• Saving data with the ADO.NET provider to SQLite, .NET serialization, and NSUserDefaults
All code samples are available for download at github.com/mikebluestein.