Learning OpenCV puts you in the middle of the rapidly expanding field of computer vision. Written by the creators of the free open source OpenCV library, this book introduces you to computer vision and demonstrates how you can quickly build applications that enable computers to "see" and make decisions based on that data.
The second edition is updated to cover new features and changes in OpenCV 2.0, especially the C++ interface.
Computer vision is everywhere—in security systems, manufacturing inspection systems, medical image analysis, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, and more. OpenCV provides an easy-to-use computer vision framework and a comprehensive library with more than 500 functions that can run vision code in real time. Whether you want to build simple or sophisticated vision applications, Learning OpenCV is the book any developer or hobbyist needs to get started, with the help of hands-on exercises in each chapter.
This book includes:
- A thorough introduction to OpenCV
- Getting input from cameras
- Transforming images
- Segmenting images and shape matching
- Pattern recognition, including face detection
- Tracking and motion in 2 and 3 dimensions
- 3D reconstruction from stereo vision
- Machine learning algorithms