- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Learning Visual Basic .NET Paperback – Nov 4 2002
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Jesse Liberty is the best selling author of Programming ASP.NET, Programming C#, and a dozen other books on web and object oriented programming. He is president of Liberty Associates, Inc., where he provides contract programming, consulting and on-site training in ASP.NET, C#, C++ and related topics. Jesse has been a Distinguished Software Engineer at AT&T and Vice President for technology development at CitiBank.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
I myself have around 7 years of VB experience (started with VB 3 in college) and before stumbling upon this title, I tried the Sam's series and was greatly disppointed since such "beginner" books devote a great deal to the syntax, starting with how to open a project and draw a form ! This book wastes no such time in trivialities since it is assumed that as an experienced VB programmer, you already know all those things. In fact, only one chapter is devoted to the syntax and thereafter it builds on the OOP concepts. At the time of this writing, I have finished only half the book (till Structures) but from what I have experienced and understood so far, I don't think the author will let me down in the remainder of the book. In fact till this point, you don't even need the Visual Studio.Net IDE since you can happily type all the class examples in Notepad and run them from DOS prompt (Of course, you need to have the .Net framework installed, which again is a free download).
So, if you're disappointed or bored by those 24 hour/21 day titles, run don't walk, to get this book !
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Development > .NET
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Development > Visual Basic > .Net
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- Books > Computers & Technology > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools > Visual Basic Introduction
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages